Please read the information below regarding your use of the Application:
1. What information does the Application collect from you?
2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
3. Who do we share your information with?
4. What are my opt-out rights?
5. How can you update, correct or delete your Personal Information?
6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
7. What else should you know about your privacy online?
The Application is intended for use only in the United States. Regardless of your location, any information you provide, including any personal data, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the United States. You are forbidden from using our site or the Application in the EU or for the collection or processing of information or data from any EU subject. The Application is not intended to process personal data of subjects in the EU, we do not offer goods or services to EU citizens, and we do not collect, organize, transmit, update, store, delete or otherwise use or work with the personal data of individuals located within the EU.
What information does the Application collect from you?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Depending upon whether you are an end user customer, a dealership, a third party administrator, or a product or service provider, the information may include a combination of your last name/VIN or last name/agreement number (unique to the customer), or at dealership service departments your name, dealer name, phone number and email address.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Non-Personal Information – Automatically Collected Data: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon your use of the Application in several ways. We may gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our service. This information is compiled and analyzed on both an individual and an aggregated basis. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers," which are small data files stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, or stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
This information may also include a Web site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, password and other registration information, which may include (1) for customers, your vehicle VIN number, your agreement number, or (2) for dealership service department users, your name, dealer name, phone number, and email address; (b) information you provide us when you contact us for help; and; (c) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information and agreement or service information.
If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit or debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions regarding the information we collect to protect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in accordance with industry best practices and applicable laws, including encryption both during transmission and at rest.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device, unless you activate and use the Tracker feature.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share user information with any person, except (1) with any third party administrator or product provider necessary to access and process a customer’s claim or services, (2) dealership service advisors who process a customer’s claim or services, and (3) that we may disclose user provided and automatically collected information:
- • as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- • when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- • with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement; and
- • if Strategic Apps is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by cancelling your account and uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
In addition, if the user installs and uses the optional Tracker software application, the following apply:
- • If you use our Application on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- • If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Applications or deactivate Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- • When connecting to our Application via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- • Certain services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- • Mobile Services. We may also collect information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. Note, we collect information about the location of your device but no personal information is associated with that information. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile application, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
- • Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to make a map available to link your device to your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable Location Services on your phone. You should also disable item history within the Tracker feature because Tracker feature collects information on the last four locations of your device by default.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain user provided information and data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain automatically collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you'd like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
How can you update, correct or delete your Personal Information?
You may change any of your Personal Information in your account online at any time by updating your account in accordance with the Application instructions. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at email@example.com, or
2285 Manatt Court, Suite C
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of historical use and accounts, you cannot delete information associated with past use of the Application. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We secure your Personal Information consistent with current industry standards. The importance of security for all Personal Information associated with our users is important to us. Your Personal Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Personal Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Personal Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your Personal Information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this site. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our site, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to users under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.